Expert Endocrinology Care
An endocrinologist is a doctor who has completed specialized training in caring for the endocrine system, the complex network of glands that produce the hormones that regulate your important bodily functions. Diabetes is the most common condition that endocrinologists treat, but it is far from the only one.
Hormones are chemical messengers transmitted through your bloodstream. Your hormones trigger changes within your body, including the metabolism of food, the health and maintenance of your bones, growth, reproduction, blood pressure and body temperature, among others. Your endocrine system includes your pituitary gland, thyroid gland, parathyroid glands, the adrenal glands and the thymus, as well as the pancreas, ovaries and testes. When problems arise with any of these glands, it's important to be treated by an endocrinologist who specializes and knows how to restore your body's natural balance.
At Torrance Memorial Physician Network, we believe in caring for the whole patient. We are honored to have on staff board certified endocrinologists committed to proving compassionate, personalize and collaborative care. Our endocrinologists partner with your primary care physician to provide individualized diagnosis and management of endocrine problems in a way that supports your needs and priorities. With our extensive resources, you'll have access to the comprehensive services that you may need, including the latest technology along with hands-on support and information.
Expert Diabetes Care
The most common problem endocrinologists treat today is diabetes. Diabetes affects one in 10 adults here in California. Here at Torrance Memorial Physicians Network, we believe that 99% of diabetes management is self-care. We offer a wide range of diabetes treatment options, including diabetes education and management programs.
To learn more about our approach to diabetes treatment, click here.
Common Endocrinology Conditions
In addition, we provide expert treatment for patients with a variety of other endocrine disorders, including the following:
- Thyroid diseases, including thyroid cancer, hyper and hypothyroidism
- Osteoporosis and other bone and calcium metabolism disorders
- Growth disorders
- Adrenal disorders, including adrenal insufficiency, congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH), and Cushing's syndrome
- Lipid abnormalities
- Pancreatic hormone complications and tumors
- Pituitary diseases: diabetes insipidus, growth hormone deficiency and hypopituitarism
Endocrinology Services and Treatments
We also offer a variety of services and treatments, encompassing:
- Assessment for hormone deficiencies and excess syndromes
- Dynamic endocrine function testing
- Institution of pump therapy
- Instruction of insulin therapy
- Nutrition counseling
- Referrals for endocrine surgeons
- Testing for adrenal tumors
- Ultrasound guided biopsies
- Ultrasound of thyroid