Physician Assistant (PA-C) – Orthopedics
Job Category: Mid-Level Provider
Division: Torrance Memorial Physician Network
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Torrance, CA
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our organization for an experienced
full-time Certified Physician Assistant to join our Specialist team.
Working under the supervision of the orthopedic surgeon, the Physician
Assistant (PA-C) is responsible for first assisting in the operating room,
providing post-operative management, patient/family education and discharge
planning. In the out-patient clinic setting performs histories and physical
exams, evaluates new and established patients, orders and interprets diagnostic
studies and initiates therapeutic treatment plans.
We are looking for a motivated, self-directed team player to work collaboratively
with physicians and other health care providers. Demonstrate good written
and oral communication skills. Service Excellence and Quality are part
of the Torrance Memorial Physician Network mission and values. As a team
member, you will be expected to consistently deliver the best in care
and customer service.
The Orthopedic Physician Assistant will have the following requirements
- Be a graduate of a Physician Assistant Training Program accredited by the
Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant
(ARC-PA), or its predecessors.
- Certification as a Physician Assistant by the National Committee on Certification
Physician Assistants (NCCPA) is required.
- Current California State Licensed Certified Physician Assistant (PA-C)
and DEA license required, or must be eligible to obtain
- Would prefer 2 years orthopedic experience
- BLS/ACLS/PALS certification required.
- Experience and proficiency in Electronic Medical Records is required.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to
email@example.com to be considered for this opportunity.