Job Title: Registered Nurse, Oncology
Job Category: Nursing
Division: Torrance Memorial Physician Network
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift Length: TBD
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Torrance Memorial Physician Network is recruiting for a Registered Nurse
for one of the most highly acclaimed and respected oncology medical practices
in the Los Angeles area.
The medical practice has been caring for cancer patients and their families
for nearly 40 years, serving the South Bay, Palos Verdes Peninsula, Torrance,
San Pedro, and surrounding areas. The physicians are specialty board certified
in the treatment of blood disorders (hematology) and in the treatment
of cancer (oncology).
As a Registered Nurse in our infusion center, you will administer and mix
chemotherapy according to the patient treatment plan, conduct patient
assessments and develop and implement nursing care plans to foster quality
outcomes. You will have the opportunity to apply sound judgment, clinical
expertise, and execute critical nursing interventions to all patient populations
within the patient care setting.
- Carry out physician orders accurately and in a timely manner.
- Plan and administer antiemetics according to protocol.
- Asses patients and make recommendations for intervention; document all
teaching/assessment and all orders, utilize resources and referrals, practice
within the scope of practice.
- Provide patient education to patients and families related to oncology
diagnosis, including but not limited to symptom management, medications,
appointments, access devices (PICC, PAC, IV), and document teaching.
- Follow regulatory body guidelines such as OSHA, HIPPA, etc.
- Interact with patients, families, and staff in a respectful and collegial manner.
- Hold and maintain a current state license to practice as a Registered Nurse
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, prefer OCN
- Preferred ACLS
- Preferred PALS
- Preferred BSN or advanced nursing degree
- Preferred Current Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Provider Card
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Ability to apply sound judgment with clinical skills to ensure optimal
- Accept and support changes in work assignments as related to department
and patient needs.
- Participate in all departmental and hospital wide educational offerings
related to the position along with an ongoing pursuit of Continuing Education
Credits in clinical subjects, and personal growth and development.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to
promote effective quality outcomes.
Qualified candidates who wish to be considered should submit their resume to