Caring For You One Day at a Time
If you are suffering from chronic health conditions, it’s easy to
feel overwhelmed. After all, you have a handful of medications to take
every day, not to mention visits to doctors, specialists and even stays
in the hospital.
But you do not have to do it alone. Torrance Memorial provides free Ambulatory
Care Management services which are designed to help make life easier for
patients with chronic medical problems.
We understand how difficult it is to manage life at home when you’re
struggling with chronic illness. We can help you organize your medications,
assist in coordinating doctor’s visits, and even arrange for transportation
through community resources.
We know your doctors, we know the community, we know the hospital and we
know the resources that are available. We work with you to create a plan
of care that can help you heal at home safely and comfortably.
Are You a Candidate?
Please take a moment to answer these questions:
- Do you have to communicate between multiple doctors about your health issues?
- Do you get confused about your medications?
- Do you find yourself not knowing what resources and community services
are available to you to meet your health needs?
- Do you need transportation to medical appointments?
- Do you find yourself in need of help at home?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, you may qualify
for Torrance Memorial Ambulatory Care Management services.
What Torrance Memorial Ambulatory Care Managers Can Do for You
- Help you understand your health issues and your medical plan of care
- Help you recognize signs and symptoms related to your health conditions
and actions you can take
- Review and explain your medications
- Assist you with scheduling appointments, provide appointment reminders,
or even accompany you to doctor visits, if necessary
- Locate community services and programs you may be eligible for and assist
with the application process
- Coordinate care between multiple doctors
How Much Does It Cost?
Absolutely nothing! This service is provided free, and a doctor referral
is not required.
Why Do I Need a Care Manager?
Our care managers will not try to make any decisions for you. They will
provide valuable information and support by phone or in your home so that
you can make informed decisions about your health. Our goal is to help
you maintain your independence, not take it away.
How Can I Get More Information?
Call Torrance Memorial Ambulatory Care Management office to speak with
a care manager, who can answer any questions you may have.
310-375-8139 Hearing Impaired TTY/TDD
Monday-Friday 8 AM – 5 PM
For providers who would like to make a referral, please call the number
above or fax a referral form to 855-772-6229.
THIPA Providers may enter referral in SynerMedConnect.
Blue Shield Members FAQs: read frequently asked questions regarding
Enhanced Personal Healthcare.